Monday, August 12, 2019

Canning Thai Dipping Sauce and a quick upcycle

The day began cleaning the living. Dude loves to us tv trays when eating dinner. He brought to our marriage these old tv trays but he loves them. 

As I cleaned them, I thought I could give them a new coat of paint before dinner. It was a warm day, low wind and no rain. I went for it. 


I think they turned out nice


After doing a deep clean in the living room I began to can Thai Dipping Sauce. I love this stuff and can it every year. So, if you think you have seen here before ...you have.  Last time I made it my friend Mundy came over and canned with me. It was a fun day. 

It is great over rice, chicken, for dipping spring rolls, over sauted cabbage and so much more.

Here's the recipe:
1/2 cup chopped garlic
1 TBSP pickling salt
6 cups of apple cider vinegar
6 cups sugar
1/2 cup hot pepper flakes
9- 8oz   1/2 pint jars

Prep your jars. lids and rings.  Combine salt and garlic, set aside.  
Heat vinegar to a boil.  Add sugar to dissolve. Simmer 5 minutes. Remove from the heat.  Add garlic, salt, and pepper flakes.  Ladle into jars with a 1/2 inch head-space.  Process in a water-bath 15 minutes, 25 for high altitude. 




10 jars ! 


Then added dirt to our bedroom plants. 


And finally wrote some thank you notes. 


I didn't finish "the list" for Monday but I can move those left over to the Tuesday list. 

peace 


No comments:

Post a Comment