Monday, August 19, 2019

Quick update ... summer, garden meals and a quick Halloween craft

It was hot today. If it wasn't, at least, 100*, it was close.  It is 6:30pm and still 96*.  I am not complaining. I love summer (just not as much as fall or winter ...smile).  I saw today in the state of North Carolina where I grew up they had storms and high winds. 

But this IS summer.  Hot.... hazy.... green... watering... here is a look out our back gate where the sheep roam. 


Norman didn't want to go to far due to the heat and after this ran back to the house and sat at the back door. 


I spent most of the day cleaning indoors and running errands … library and a couple of stores, to say cool. 

I planted some of the cherry seeds from all the canning to see if anything will come up. 


We are thankful for all the eating we doing from he garden. Breakfast was a skillet of zucchini, tomatoes and scallions. 


It was so delightful. 

Dinner was a garden salad and 3 cheese grilled cheese on this lovely peasant bread. 


I dried a small amount of herbs this morning. 


And some scallions I picked the other day. I will do more of these this week. I will snip them after they are dried and jar them up. It is just easier that way.


I did do one quick craft to get into the upcoming seasons...

I had a small tub, some clear ornaments, a Dollar Store 18" skeleton and some leftover stuffing.


I did sprinkle a tiny bit of translucent glitter. Yep, it's in my bathroom. The ship in the bottle next to it my father made many years ago.


Every so often our library thins out their supply of books. I snagged this one for my grandson...grin.


peace 

No comments:

Post a Comment