Friday, August 23, 2019

New chicks arrive, flooring continues, Finish it up Friday, garden update and what's for dinner.

 We got the call around 6 am that our new chicks had arrived.  I needed to get to the post office and knock on the back door.  I got there about 30 minutes later to pick up my box of new loud babies. I love baby chicks, who doesn't?  There new home was all ready. 



The moment they were free, they ran around and stretched their wings. The immediately found the food and water. They are only 3 days old.


I went out a few times today to make sure all was right. 


All are alive and doing well. 

The work on the floor continued today. There were a few snafus and difficult areas to deal with. 


The trim was too high. We tripped over it a couple of time when Dude decided enough. He pulled it up took off the bottom part.  That was much better and did the trick. 



 I worked in the garden, pulled weeds and watered trees.  Pumpkins are doing so well. 




And we have a cantaloupe just beginning to grow. 


Then it was time to finish up a few projects. 


I got the crow cross stitch done today. I have cross stitched in years and this was a small challenge. I have always used a hoop but halfway through I decided to work without it. Wow. I liked not using one and it made the work go faster.  After all these years of using a hoop... I should have tried this sooner.  Tomorrow I will mount it on a piece of sticky board.


I got both seatbelt covers completed. 


Then made whoopie pies. I used the recipe from America's Test Kitchen. They turned out perfect. 



Look at that cream filling.  It was a kachillion calories and I am surprised I am not in a sugar coma but it was very worth it to , at least, try them just once! 



Here is where Dude ended for the night...




peace 

No comments:

Post a Comment