Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Dis-L-Do update 6-5

It is finally sunny and warm.  Springtime for us has finally arrived. 

The eggs were washed up just after breakfast .


I did get some vegetable plants in near the house. The big planting will be out by the greenhouse. 


The lambs were happy for the recent rains and the tall grass it brought. 



Strawberries were on sale (I ate all the ones we grew.  It is our first year growing them).  I decided to make strawberry jalapeno jam.  We make it every year. 


Very simple , just  7 cups sugar, 4 cups strawberries, and 1 cup jalapeno with 1 pectin package. Process like you would jam.





Lovely


Lunch was a big salad with everything we grow (minus the tomatoes, those are store bought)

Lettuce, radishes, onion, and beets I canned last year. 

We added meat from one of our homegrown chickens.


Dressing was homemade chipotle sauce. 

Mix all in a food processor or blender. I just poured everything in, so this is the recipe...more or less, sorry. 

2 chipotle peppers (I like the onions too, so I added them)

Like this...
Plus 1/2-3/4 cup oil
1/4 cup real maple syrup
5 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
salt 
pepper
oregano (dried)
and a dash of garlic powder



The dressing was so good I will use it on sandwiches later. 


The afternoon was filled with time in the greenhouse... tis the season!

peace

No comments:

Post a Comment