Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Time in the greenhouse and a bit of crocheting

It was going to be another day of storms, well, more rain and grumbling of thunder. I am still trying to find my niche here on the homestead since retiring two weeks ago. I used to hurry through the morning, doing as much as I could before hitting the road for an hour commute.  Dude was born and raise into a farming family before getting a degree in construction.  He remodeled our house (a dilapidated foreclosure) and building various building for the animals, and loved every minute of it.  Just a few things remain to be done. 

Anywhoooo…. I am working on a new pattern for myself on the homestead. 

I started the day with tea … mint, rose, and rosemary I had dried last fall. 


Even wet it is gorgeous. 


Next up I road to Dude's annual physical an hour away.  I used the time to crochet new dish cloths. A simple pattern of change 25 and single crochet in 24 (second from the hook). They are all cotton and I love them.


I was able to make two ...oh, and Dude got a clean bill of health. 


I went straight to the greenhouse to work. So much to do. Today, I had to pick peas, flowers and plant peppers. Dude was going to get compost from over near the horse stalls to put outside the greenhouse but the rain decided otherwise.


I did have help from the grasshopper catcher. It is warm and steamy in the greenhouse so I kept the door open so we could work. 




There are still a lot of blossoms so I think we will be able to get another round or two from them. 




I did get  the jalapeno, serrano, pimento, and bell peppers planted. 

I popped in a documentary and began to shell peas.  I love unzipping pods.



A quick blanch and then into the freezer. 


It takes me longer than Dude to work on the homestead but there is no shortage of things to do to keep me in practice. I am not going to lie, I am exhausted. Tomorrow another row of garden to plant or clean up the wood pile or clean out the lambs' stalls or throw all caution to the wind and sew (my heart smiles)...we shall see.


peace 


No comments:

Post a Comment