Monday, June 17, 2019

Flowers blooming, rain, making fudge and cards

The day began lovely enough. Sun out shining, flowers blooming and there was hope to work outside in the garden. 






Alfalfa 


Dude opened up the side gardens to get the tractor in and rototill. The chickens and turkey took full advantage to clear the area of any bugs. 





After cleaning the kitchen and putting in a load of wash I made a quick batch of fudge. It is very fast. 


 I didn't have wax paper but I did have parchment paper and I wasn't going to go out and buy wax paper just for this recipe. 


I cut them in small squares so I only eat one a day. 



I did get a Summer Bucket List made. 


I was behind in card making and letter writing. As the skies got dark and alarms went off for thunder storms, I settled in to craft. 


I did take time to read the Gospel for today. 


Made 8 quick cards.


Dude did the side gardens by the greenhouse rototilled. 


The skies got dark. 



I took water jugs and covered the fig trees I planted. They are just babies and the alarms said possible hail. 



Once again the tilled areas flooded.  We got .5 inch of rain. 
 


But my built up area soaked in the water. I love it. (the winds did pick up one of my water jugs)

I was hoping to make another little area today but didn't get it done in time. 


Dude did get the side gardens tilled before the rains. 


I found a cute pattern over at Fluffmonger and will be cutting out Quigley the Corgi tonight.



peace

No comments:

Post a Comment