Friday, June 21, 2019

Gardening in cool weather and a quick toddler activity

The breeze this morning was cold . The forecast is rain and maybe storms with hail this afternoon. It is already snowing in the mountains ...and yes , it is June.  

I went to fill up the car with gas, just in case.  There were two young ladies there who asked me about the weather. They had heard their may be hail and possible tornadoes.  Yes. Then asked, is there a liquor store nearby?  I laughed.  Everyone has priorities... my is fuel and theirs is a fuel of a different kind. 

I wanted to get out early and work in the garden before it began to rain. It was warm and steamy in the greenhouse.


Dude did get our two new elm trees planted. This was no easy feat. Despite the recent rains the ground was still hard as a rock.   I have visions of birds in them next year. 


Raspberries are doing well. Dude kept saying they were dead and I told him not to dare pull them up. I had faith in them and here they are ...smile. 


This is something that baffles me.  Two grape plants right next to each other.

One small and struggling.


One thriving...


I laid more cardboard for a new garden for flowers and lavender. 


A layer of wool.. 



This was my supervisor this morning. 


Then added a layer of compost... tomorrow I will add a bag of fresh dirt. 


I picked roses and mint to dry for the chicken coop. 


It began to sprinkle , so I had to see one of my grandsons.  The temperature dropped to 54* this evening... so much for the first day of Summer. 

I found a fun craft for the afternoon in this book:


They called the craft - grape structures .  We called them - building molecules...okay, I just really like hearing a two year old saying molecules. 

He really enjoyed creating them. 



peace 


No comments:

Post a Comment