Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Elm trees, weeding and beginning of a gift.

There is still a lot of water so I had to rearrange what we would be doing today. Compost from the horses and sheep was to be moved and used today. Not happening. 


I prepped dinner... almost all from the garden, early in the day.


Vinegar cucumber onion salad. 


Tossed salad.



Plus hamburgers for dinner. It was nice to have it all prepped. I am getting rather tired in the evening and quickly. All this physical activity is a bit wearing but a good type. I no longer just sit all day. 

We headed to the garden shop and got two elm trees. Yesterday we went past our old home.  Before we moved we had planted an elm tree. It was about 4 foot tall when we left 7 years ago.  It is now towering over the two story garage. 


I also got lavender and a flower mix to try. 


I spent the afternoon weeding one section of the garden. Since I am used to an office job with so much air conditioning that I have a blanket at my desk, being in the hot sun for over an hour was a bit much. I was dripping in sweat.  I know, I am a wimp.  There is plenty of homesteading for practice in the sun. 

I prepped boxes to lay down tomorrow... barring the mud has subsided... and begin another strip or two of a garden. 


Here is where I weeded today. Hot, hot, HOT… it was in the 80's and not the afternoon 50's we have had the last few days. 


Before dinner I did work on a gift for my son.  His birthday is next month and I want to make a quick journal of his past year. 


peace

No comments:

Post a Comment