Sunday, May 26, 2019

Out in nature today and a fresh dinner

It was a perfect morning to get out and go for a walk with the family and dog. 

There were a lot of different families out and about.





This is an eagle's nest and if you look closely you can see some young ones in the nest and on the pole. 



We did drive through a storm on the way home with hail and tornado warning. I like that our phones alert us. There was a tornado spotted over our little town. 


After a lot of rain, things began to clear.

 I know a lot of place across the nation are picking zucchini, tomatoes and squash but we, here in Colorado, are still in lettuce and berry season.  We are just planting out squash. 

I started with a basic salad from the garden of mixed greens and our radishes, adding garbanzo beans.


Dude topped his with some of our roasted chicken. 


I topped mine with smoked herring. 


We added some of those in season berries.


I roasted some of the extra radishes with salt, pepper, a small bit of olive oil and balsamic at 400* for 20minutes.  It makes them sweeter. 


I added yogurt to my berries. 


We are tucked in for the night. The storms have calmed down and so have I.  I was stung by a bee today causing my arm to swell. I took an   antihistamine to help with the annoy itch and now I am very sleepy. If we had been close to home when it happened I would have put a baking soda paste on it and it would have healed up quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment