Sunday, May 12, 2019

Mother's Day Sunday - a recipe and a crochet pattern I found

We were blessed with a beautiful day.  It was so clear we could see Longs Peak in the north and Pike's Peak in the south.





It's Sunday and it's Mother's Day but it begins with still making sure the animals are doing well, fed and watered. Today will be the first day the meat hens go outside for fresh air and we clean there coop. 


Out they go... their legs are a bit wobbly with everyone pushing and shoving. 


The regulars stopped by to check out the commotion. 


Others, just ignored the whole scene.


We clean and filled the water containers. 


Including the one for the sheep. They came over for some love and scratches.



I picked a bunch of greens for a salad... parsley, lettuces and mint.



I made a salad based on this recipe from Ina Garten .  I didn't have farro but I did have quinoa. I didn't have pistachios but I did have walnuts plus no tomatoes.  It  turned out very good with the substitutes. 


I did finish crocheting a spa set for my mom.  It has three face scrubbies, a bath pouf, a wash cloth and a soap bag. The patterns are free. I found them here..  She has video tutorials that are easy to follow. 




Then it was time to head to the city to pick up my mom and head to my brother's house. All in all a 2 hour trip one way but worth it. 

Along the way we saw a goose and her little ones out for a stroll. 


We had a good day with wonderful weather.  Happy Mother's Day mom. 


peace

No comments:

Post a Comment