Saturday, March 3, 2018

Thursday and Friday.. . eletrical is fixed, jam and getting ready for St Patrick's Day

Thursday was a full day on the homestead but not of homesteading stuff.  Since we are on a well, we have filters all over the place . Today we had the reverse osmosis filters replaced today.  Then the electrician showed up to figure out why the kitchen had no power. Dude thought he may have done something while remodeling. I told him I doubted that.  He is a master carpenter and he would have made that type of a move.  I was right . The electrician found the problem over where our alarm system had been installed. The wiring was not connected and only working because every once in a while would hit each other and go on...weird . Anywhooo, it is working now.

I did go out and got some spinach.  As you can see I need to clean out all the dead stuff now.



I went through some of the seeds.  Typically in our area we plant greens, radishes, beets, etc on St Patrick's Day. 


Speaking of St Patrick's Day I decided to try and make as many things as I could for that day. 

March 1st 
I started with a simple card. 



March 2nd


Friday, I also made jam.  Strawberries are on sale right now. It's a great time to make jam.





Jam is fun to make and basically sugar and fruit. I do a pectin to mine. 


Turned out good. I like that there is just enough to taste in the bowl every time... even if Dude ate it all. 




peace



2 comments:

  1. My husband thought your wreath was a tiara! Try putting it on your head. Happy St Patrick's Day.

    ReplyDelete