Sunday, March 25, 2018

Wool dryer ball, quilting, seed planting, and a prayer walk

Happy Palm Sunday. 

We had a good day. We celebrated with a fun and simple game. It is a box that can be tilted a travelling  pinball to see who can get the most points. Dude loved it. 


We had to head to town for feed and potting soil for the seeds. 
When we got home Dude put everything away and made a bigger area for the chicks since they are growing. 

I worked on wool balls for the dryer.  I used scraps that I had carded and then made into roving.


I pulled wool through a spoon to make roving. 



Then wound them into a tight ball. 


I put them in a panty hose leg and tied a knot between them. 


They were tossed in a load of laundry twice and through the dryer twice.  Then I cut them apart and removed them from the hose. 


Now they are ready to be full fledge dryer balls.  We will put essential oils on them before putting  them in the dryer. They are suppose to reduce static cling, reduce drying time and be used in place of dryer sheets. 


Dude got trays of soil ready for seeds. We will use one whole tray for each type of seed, for example... this one will be all beets. Another will be only lettuces, another for collards, etc. 



I finished two lap quilts ... finally. 






After all that sitting it was time for a prayer walk. 


We said hello to the horses on the way out.  It was cool and very windy today. 






I brought in fire wood. It's suppose to snow tomorrow night. 


 We started watching The Ten Commandments for our Holy Week Tradition.  I began to make 10 inch crocheted squares for a yarn bombing event in Virginia. I am so excited to send a bunch of squares. 


Faith

"Live simply and justly in solidarity with the poor and marginalized and be a good neighbor. Make no war on them, rather, be one with them in spirit, truth, and love. "  -Archbishop Oscar Romero

Yesterday, I mentioned one of my favorite movies for Lent = Romero.  Today is the anniversary of his assassination. On March 24, 1980 , Archbishop Oscar Romero was murdered during mass.  He was a champion of El Salvador's poor. Today, Pope Francis has cleared him for sainthood. 

"ASPIRE NOT TO HAVE MORE, BUT TO BE MORE." -OSCAR ROMERO

peace

No comments:

Post a Comment