Saturday, March 3, 2018

Sewing Saturday and how far has the kitchen come along?

I started the day checking my tree cuttings. Surprisingly the Honey Apple Crisp cuttings are doing very where. I didn't think these would take or survive but they seem to thriving. They all around sprouting leaves.


Then it was off to sewing day. A bunch of get together once a month to sew, eat, and chat. We really don't limit it to just sewing but really anything for an excuse to get together and check in with what is going on in our lives. 

Daisy has been busy. 







Judy is getting busy. 


Diane is cross-stitching. 



Shelly is working on her broomstick afghan. 


My mom and Daisy are work hard with their embroidery. 


Daisy shows us her bag she made a while back. 

Mary is working on a quilt. 


Pat brought a gift of a lap quilting unit. Pretty cool. 


Pat showed off a few more gems. 



Elizabeth was amazing with her drawings on newspaper. She freestyled it with permanent markers on newsprint.  It was just spectacular to watch her. 


It was great to sew and get together with friends but soon it was time to head home. 

On the way back I stopped to look at some chicks for sale.  I ended up getting 5 Astralorp and 5 Silver lace Wyandotte .   Dude ordered a bunch of meat hens that are due in on Tuesday.  Turkeys come in in April. 


I got them home and all settled in. 


Dude worked on the ceiling in the kitchen. 


He is trying something new. I can't wait to see how it all turns out. 


I guess we'll just have to wait. Time for bed and some much needed rest. 

peace






No comments:

Post a Comment