Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Spring has sprung. Time to get in the greenhouse.

Wednesday... already and the second day of spring!  Great weekend seeing the musical Hamilton and having our Eggstravaganza party, yesterday was Grandma Day. We  watched and crafted Paddington  Bear ... today it is back to work on the homestead. 

We have a dozen hens and are getting eleven eggs a day.  We butchered the roosters at the beginning of winter. It produced a calmness in the hen yard.  The girls are all happy, humming as they lay eggs. 

I washed the eggs , made breakfast and emptied the dishwasher. The goals for the morning before heading to work were greenhouse, card wool and spend time with the dog. 


Greenhouse ... with a beautiful spring morning sky. 


Ugh, what a mess.  Well, simply dig in and begin, right? I turned on the timer for an hour so I would have time for at least the wool later. 



A mess every where. 



Something or someone even got into this bag of seeds. 


I got to work. Norman, the dog, played outside the greenhouse while I cleaned. I did get some cleaning done.  Tomorrow I can find the warming mats, containers and decide what seeds I want to plant. 




And clear out the beds to get them prepared. 


What I am reading. 


Next, I was able to card some of my wool.  I love to card wool. 


This is Wilbur's wool. 


This is some alpaca I had.  




I put it through a few times. It turned out beautiful.  May spin it this weekend or make wool drier balls. 


Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays are meatless days. I made a lentil salad for lunch. 


Used leftovers from the vegetable platter from the weekend party.


Turned out good with garlic, onions, lemons, olive oil, pepper flakes, and balsamic vinegar. 


It was time to get ready for work. I didn't have time to really spend with the dog.  On my dinner hour I went to the store and got him toys so he would quit stealing pillows and blankets. 

He immediately knew they were for him. 



Norman loves fuchsia colored things!


I'd say someone is very happy. 


Until tomorrow... 
peace


No comments:

Post a Comment