Friday, March 23, 2018

Cooking a leg of lamb today.

It was a mellow morning. We had toast from the oatmeal bread I made yesterday with eggs. It was so good.


Popped a leg of lamb in the oven. Super simple 400* at 30minutes per pound. I like garlic, salt, pepper, and , of course, rosemary.  Sprinkle a bit of lemon over it and pop in the oven. I like mine well done, so it took longer than that. 


Cleaned the wool carder.



Got Easter cards ready and need to make more. These were mailed today.


The lamb is at 165* but again, I like mine well done so pop it back in the oven for 15-20 minutes. It still wasn't up to the 175-180* or so, that I like.  I needed to get to work and didn't have time to wait! I had already been stalled due to being outside when it began to pour rain. I had to come in and change clothes.




I got worried I would be way late for work so I put it in the crockpot on low with a little bit of water and said a prayer it would be fine. 


Dude said he loved it. This statement coming from a man who said he hates lamb.  There was no lamb taste, just good eatin' he said. I can't wait for dinner tomorrow!


Here's what I did - I took a leg of lamb. Cut slits in the meat and put minced garlic in the slits. Drizzled lemon juice on the lamb.  Rubbed salt and pepper plus rosemary all over it. Put in a preheated oven of 400* bake at 30 minutes per pound or more .  That's it.

It was a rough week. I am so glad it is Friday.

peace 


No comments:

Post a Comment