Thursday, March 29, 2018

Tunic pattern, bread recipes and other Thursday happening

I got up very early (okay, I couldn't sleep) and cut out a top for gardening. I don't want working in the garden or with the chickens an easy out for looking frumpy.  I have definitely been failing in the later category. It is a simple tunic with two pockets on the front. The shirt will be powder blue and pockets are yellow with different phrases about bees , such as  - Let it Bee, My Queen Bee, etc. Can't wait to stitch it up. Hope it doesn't end up looking like a house coat!



Dude surprised me with a yellow (Grandiflora) rose plant. I want to start a rose garden again. The old one was destroyed while the roof was going on last year.


New packets of bread for the bread machine arrived in the mail.  The first one I tried is a New York Dill Rye from Prepared Pantry.  When I opened it, it was like Pandora's Box. The smell of dill and wheat flew out of the bag.  I couldn't wait to get it in the machine. I followed the directions exactly, including the use of a thermometer for the water to be a perfect 80*.


Turned out beautiful. 


I did get another tray of flower seeds planted. I would like to be able to sell mini- bouquets.  I buy one from a grocer near work every week for $10.  I could do that (says my inner dreamer) and I am going to give it a try.  Let's see if I can make it work.


My mom called. She said she had old family recipes for Easter breads for me . She would gladly trade for a bottle of wine to go with her Holy Thursday meal. I don't drink but I do collect wine for cooking and trade... plus I just like the bottles.  Sounds strange, I know, but true. My kids tease me about it.  I found a Cabernet Sauvignon to give to her.
  (yes, mom requires a deposit of my first born at times ...smile)

There is a lot of work in these recipes but when you have family and ancestors right here you need to honor them and take full advantage of the gifts they have to offer. 



Thank goodness I wrote all this this morning.  Exhausted and need to go to bed early. It's an 8pm retire night. 

We won't be on tomorrow. We have a tradition on Good Friday of no electronics, television, or radio from 3pm until Easter Sunday.  It is a time of quiet and prayer. 

peace

No comments:

Post a Comment