Saturday, March 24, 2018

Friends, The Fleece Factory, and Movies for Lent

Dude spent the day installing cabinets for someone. This meant I was on my own. 

Started the day at a good friend's home.  She is moving and had some boxes, fabric and some tea cups (so beautiful)for me. I love to decorate boxes

She has the same sense of humor that I do. *smile*


Then drove over to mom's to deliver eggs. We are now getting a perfect dozen. No Easter dying required. 


A stop at the library. They have a box of books they are giving away for free and thinning out their stash.  I scored this pirate book just in time for Tuesday Craft. My grandson wants something pirate.  As you can see I have a movie that will go with it. 
I can't wait! 


I also found two more books perfect for the homestead. 



Then I went to a magical place called The Fleece Factory. It is out in the country with fields of alpaca surrounding them.  They are so friendly and kind there. They share all their knowledge. 

I want to take their peg loom class to make a rug. 





Oh and learn rug hooking. 



Wet felting to make hats. 

Felted blankets. 


And look at these beauties.  They have an awesome factory that you can take tours for free!


Then it was time to go home.  Dr. Featherbottom and Mr. Quackers greeted me. 


I took Norman for a walk. He LOVES tumbleweeds. 



I was very inspired to craft and such when I got home.  I found ideas for Tuesday's with Grandma crafts.
  I carded wool and made wool drier balls. I will post them tomorrow after they have been thrown in the washer and drier a couple of times. 

Dinner was the leg of lamb I made yesterday. It tasted great with a thin gravy, green beans and fresh pineapple.

Movie night. I love to watch movies. I don't get to watch television too much since I work nights. I do have movies ready for this week - Holy Week.  Here are some movies for the Lenten Season. 
The Ten Commandments
Romero (one of my favorites)
The Mission
The Way
Risen

Happy Palm Sunday.  We are planting seeds tomorrow.  Tag team... Dude will set up the trays with dirt and I will plant the seeds.  Then the rest of the day is Stitch it up Sunday - sewing and crocheting . 

peace


No comments:

Post a Comment