Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Tuesday update garden, chickens, and a little sewing

I began the morning in the greenhouse.  We continue to get spinach and salad.  The more you trim and cut the more they grow.  I can't trim fast enough.  



I picked the last of the radishes.  Family picked a bunch and took them home with them on Easter. 



Salad is premade for dinner. 


Nothing wasted. I took these out to the chickens. Other times it goes out to the compost. 


Wilbur, our Romeldale ram, is so adorable and sweet as can be.  He is a rare and endangered species of lamb California Variegated Mutant... known for their soft wool that can be spun and worn close to the skin. We hope to get him a wife this year. 


Remember this little one? She was being picked on by the other chicks. We separated her from the others to heal.  We assumed she was blind.




We integrated her back to the pack. She is the one on the left.  They no longer pick on her and she is healing well. 


Oh Angelo... gets as close as he can to lick out every little bit. 


A little one followed me on my walk. I enjoyed the company. 




Mint is ripe for jelly.  Need to find time to can but I have decide to slow down and enjoy more so it might not be until the end of the week. 


Ymmmm parsley. 


I did manage to squeak in 30 minutes of sewing this morning.  It took 30 minutes to cut and sew this block.  Yay!






peace

No comments:

Post a Comment