Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Thanksgiving eve

I woke up to my lower back not wanting to start the day willingly or get out of bed. Too bad, we (me, myself and I) have things to do!

I was too slow to go help with the goats this morning. Dude was up and at 'em early. He saw I was hurting and wanted me to stay in bed.  If I did that I would never work the kinks out of my back. I got up and prepared a fine breakfast of omelets and two ibuprofen. It finally kicked in and I went for my morning meditation of laundry and my to-do list.

It is suppose to snow tonight so I had to get my outside kitchen garden of herbs tucked in with mulch and then bring in firewood.  They are snug and ready for their winter sleep. Sage, rosemary, thyme, lavender, roses, grapes, chives, mint and asparagus were delighted when the mulch was pinched snug around them.


 
As always there were willing helpers.
Running Water wants to help with the roses. You don't fool me RW, you want to EAT the roses!

 
I don't think the dog will be let in any time soon as she had a great romp in the manure pile!

 
Angelo says he has horns that can help move mulch around.

 
Wood stacked and stove cleaned out.

 
Lunch from the pantry:  Homemade salsa and gluten free crackers... just because I like them.
 
Talking to my 80 plus year old mother,  I tell her about some dwarf Nubian goats I want to get.  We already have regular size Nubians. So she asks, will you get pints of milk verses gallons?  Oh you have jokes don't you mom ....smile.
 
Dinner from the pantry: sauerkraut, potatoes, onions, German
sausage and pie for dessert.
 
I did get two more  squares done for the quilt.  If you want to quilt along I got the pattern here. They have some cool freebies here .
 

No comments:

Post a Comment