Friday, November 27, 2015

Day after Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving didn't turn out quite as we expected.  My son and his wife did make it in as the snow began on Wednesday night. We got up Thursday morning ready to head out toward Limon, Co to Dude's sister's ranch. It was super cold and the snow was still coming down.  Snow we can deal with but ice is another thing.  It had rained before it snowed and everything was covered in ice. We were staying put. 


Thank goodness I had been to the store earlier and gotten a turkey on sale to put up this weekend for make-ahead-meals.  We managed to get a turkey, potatoes, stuffing, green beans, and cranberries made, along with jello and a dessert my daughter-in-law made of dried fruits and marmalade topping.

After dinner we all went out to the check on the animals. Angelo looked like he was having trouble walking on his hooves so we took advantage of the time and trimmed his and Skippy's hooves.
 
They actually seemed to enjoy it ...or the company on a cold evening.


 
While others stayed in the laundry room warming up.


We finished up the day with cocoa and movies.

Today, I woke up with a to-do list on the chalk board and got none of it done. (I have to get up in the middle of the night with my to-do list swirling in my head and write it down for it to shut up and let me sleep...and sleep, I finally did.  It can now keep the chalk board awake instead of me :-) )

We went to town for breakfast before my son and his wife went shopping.  We stopped at the fabric store and the hardware store.... two places for creation inspiration!





 
 
We did manage to get a Christmas tree but one that we could plant later.

                 Next we went to get 10 bales of alfalfa for the goats at a friend's farm. 


By the time we got home it was bitter cold. I wrangled the goats into the chicken area so Dude to get the hay in the barn without the goats bothering him.  I went to get a load of wood and get ready to warm up the house. I was freezing and my fingers were going numb.

It is snowing again but the house is nice and warm.  Time for some tea and a turkey sandwich. 

My to-do list didn't get done but there is always tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment