Friday, June 29, 2018

Wilted salad

When I was a kid my mom would make Wilted Salad. At first I remember thinking...oh gross but once I tasted it, it became one of my favorites! 

This morning I boiled up some soft boiled eggs. While they were dancing in the water, I went out to the greenhouse to get lettuce. Last year we had an abundance of beets and cabbage. This year it's lettuce...all kinds. 


I began to fry up 3 strips of bacon.  Make sure you keep the grease on this recipe!

I sliced half an onion, half green pepper and three garlic cloves. 


Saute them in some of the bacon grease and drain on paper towel. 


Tear lettuce.


Add your veggies.


And sliced eggs and crumbled bacon. I ended up only using 3 eggs.



For the dressing mix 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar, 1/4 cup bacon grease, a hefty pinch of salt and pepper, and a large pinch of sugar.  (my mom adds garlic powder here but since I had sliced garlic I didn't this time). Stir it up while it is still warm. 


Pour over your salad.  Ohhh so good I almost forgot to take a picture! 


peace 


No comments:

Post a Comment