Friday, June 22, 2018

Began the day sewing and ended with campfire

It was a drizzly morning.  Dude worked inside the birdhouse and a friend came over to sew with me. 


I hadn't even cut out my fabric yet, so , I got to work. 


Some of the sewing got a bit complicated.


My friend, Susan, already had one of her deer head's done...okay, okay she had two finished. 


There was a lot of pinning to be done. 


I got a little crazy sewing my deer head. Bread was finished baking in the background and the Beatles playing to keep us going.


Susan and Dude attaching the wood base ... what a nice guy to stop and help us.  


Me and Susan. My deer looks like it needs to go on a diet!


We did it!! Our deers are finished. I was proud when my grandson said, Grandma, you did a really good job. 



We cleaned up mess, Susan went home and 
we took an afternoon rest and them we headed out for our annual sing-a-long.  On the Friday night, after the longest day of the year, neighbors host a John Denver sing-a-long … well, it really isn't just John Denver and they have renamed it Keenstock 2018.  Tomorrow there will be a day long concert as well with a variety of singers and bands. 


Tonight a big bonfire is lit in the middle of nowhere among wheat and corn fields.  We were afraid the weather would turn bad but we were lucky with a clear and starry night. 

   Kids roasted marshmallows and made s'mores. 

 We could see the moon, Jupiter and Venus. 







We were grateful it didn't rain, even if it was a little chilly.  We had a great time singing with everyone almost to midnight.


Here's to summer. 

peace 




No comments:

Post a Comment