Friday, June 8, 2018

Homestead update

Our ever changing lives are changing the way we do things but we still have the same goal... be as self sufficient as possible without going into debt.  We have no credit cards or car debt.  My schedule is changing at work and Dude is taking in small jobs this week so I had to give up more of my crafting to help with the animals and gardens. Don't worry... crafting will resume this weekend...smile.  Watering alone is a task for one person...hmmm maybe we can train the dog?  

In the greenhouse...beets.


Tomatoes


Lettuce


Loud mouth geese looking on. 


Parsley will be trimmed and dried before going to work. 


Roses to be dried... lovely in baking, teas, and the chicken coop. 



Basil snipped too. 


We do a lot of small batching for everything to save time.




Dude hasn't had time to finish inside the bird house where the teenage hens live. I am concerned they need to learn to roost.  Instead of nagging (more...heehee) I remembered I had a sweater drier to dry sweaters on I wasn't using so I thought I'd give it a try.  Oh, and I think I have a bunch of roosters in this bunch, ugh. 


Tomorrow I will work on something for nesting boxes.  No cost and this might work. 


I love these little turkeys. 




We raise lambs for wool and meat. These two are for breeding. 



We decided to a little bit for the environment. Americans waste so much water. We decided to put a bucket in the shower to collect what we can for the gardens.  Yes, very small gesture but it helps. 


For those who don't follow us on Facebook, our horse had a complete physical, shots, deworming and teeth floated plus her hooves trimmed. 



No comments:

Post a Comment