Saturday, June 30, 2018

Saturday , finishing up the month

The morning was spent running errands... bank, the butcher, and finished up end of month stuff at work. 

Then home to do the things we love.  We have begun to read after our dinner.  Dude  read Treasure Island out loud while I repotted my plants.  It was kind of funny listening to a land lock man read about pirates and the salty seas.  I grew up where Black Beard roamed and they will be celebrating the 300th  year of defending themselves from Spaniard pirates in August … all in good fun. They will reinact a pirate invasion like they do every year.


I separated my mother-in-law tongue plant. One plant became five and they are a good way to make a little money.


They are also known as Snake plants or Saint George's Swords.


They are great to put in your bedroom for better sleep converting CO2 to oxygen at night. They are super easy to grow and they multiply like crazy each year. 


It suddenly got cold (in the 50's) and began to lightly rain with winds howling. 



I finished planting basil for in the house ...since the hail storms keep destroying my herb garden this year. 



And made more bowl holders for the microwave while it rain. 


Later Norman told us the rain had stopped and it was time for a walk. 



The corn is bouncing back


But we could see where the water was rushing 2 weeks ago during the tornado that was nearby. 





It looks like the water came across the road and into part of the corn. 


We came home and tucked all the animals in … the baby turkeys. 



Our visiting turkey turned resident comes back every night. We named it Kerouac.


This is Mufasa, our one rooster... we hope!


The girls all came in for the evening. 



Prudence says, give me a kiss. 



Molly wants a few good scratches please. 


Everyone is tucked in and it is time to crochet.  I am practicing my Spanish watching Frozen on Telemundo channel  - smile.  I am not very good. 

peace 


No comments:

Post a Comment