Sunday, June 3, 2018

Our weekend, planting , sewing, family and more

Saturday I spent  with the dog trying to get him to get used to people and being patient. It didn't always go well but he is getting there. I took him to town with me.  I popped in the Credit Union and made sure it was nice and cool for him while I was making my deposit. All car windows were half-way down.  I made my was to the line and heard him begin to howl.  I took a deep breath and pretended it wasn't my dog. Ugh

I cleaned out my bedroom closets and low and behold there really IS a floor in there!

I planted a few rows of flower seed. I hope they come up, our ground is hard, dry and clay but each year we work on it.

A nap was squeezed in.  There are days where my body just gives up after very full week. I really needed it.

Dude spent the afternoon as an episode of Caddy Shack.  He was after the prairie dogs that have invaded our land. I think the prairie dogs won this round.


Sunday
Began the morning putting split pea soup in the crockpot for this week's lunches. 


After chores and breakfast I call all my children and check in with them.  I was able to talk to all of them today!

We worked with Norman and his training.


And went for walks.



Alfalfa fields will probably be cut this week. 


We were surprised to see corn growing in the field next to us. 



We found a fresh fox hole. 



Came back and sewed while Dude ran to town.


I did get my little wall hanging just about finished. 


Then party time with the family.


Then home for evening chores and a beautiful sunset. 


Soup is ready for me to jar up and then to bed. 


peace 

2 comments:

  1. You know how to pack a lot in to one day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. … and we were trying to rest this weekend. ~smile

    ReplyDelete