Saturday, July 2, 2016

Saturday night dinner -Brown sugar crock-pot pork and ambrosia salad



I wanted to make dinner with only things we had here. I didn't want to go to the store, at all.  I had one cucumber, a few potatoes, pork in the freezer, a few tubs of frozen whipped topping, the yogurt I made and canned fruit.

Ambrosia salad - We buy can goods when they are on sale so I have a bunch of canned fruit I wanted to use, I made ambrosia salad.

Here's how I did it:

A can of mandarin oranges 10.5 oz
A can of fruit cocktail  15 oz
2/3 cup of plain yogurt (I used the one I made)
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1 tablespoon of honey or organic maple syrup
1/2 container of whipped topping  (buy these when they go on sale for a buck)

Mix the oranges and the fruit cocktail together. Add the yogurt, vanilla and sweetener and stir, stir, stir. Add the whipped topping and stir it all up. Pop it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.

Brown Sugar Crock-pot Pork

2 lb pork loin
1/2  cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon salt
1 teaspoon allspice
water

Mix all three ingredients together and rub all over the pork.  Place the pork in the crock.  Put about 2 inches of water in the crock-pot. Turn on low for 8 hours. 

The pork will just fall about. I did make gravy with the juices. 
Added mashed potatoes and a side of cucumber and onion salad. The dinner was Dude approved, two thumbs up. 

A view of our skies last night 


The view of our prairie today. 



Happy July everyone. 

peace, health and happiness



No comments:

Post a Comment