Thursday, July 21, 2016

Chicks, estate sale finds, greenhouse update and sewing

I had to go and rescue the baby chicks this morning. They found a spot and squeezed out of their little coop. Penny, mamma hen,  was pitching a fit. So, I ran out and put them back with mom, safe and sound. She sings and hums to them all day but if we come near her chicks she barks at us like a dog. She has four baby chicks.





I did find my way to an estate sale today and found a few gems. Even though the thought of why they are having a sale is sad, it is good for the family to have an impartial group to help them sell things left behind and not wanted. I brought these home:

Beautiful new tea cups. 

A fun rooster from Portugal. 


A garden goose.





We did get our walk in today to meet our 10,000 steps. I love it when the Fitbit buzzes you have hit 10,000 goal for the day. 



Then finally home. While Dude is out mowing the property with the tractor I did check on the greenhouse. Most of the plants in there are doing well.  I was so disheartening when the storm came through and took out most of the outside plants. 


               New lettuces, spinach, collards, nasturtiums, and radishes.


Finally time to sew. My sister brought this fabric back from Italy. Her husband is from Italy and had to go back home to help with his aging parents. I love it and will make this "mini dress" as a shirt to wear with leggings. 



My staycation is winding down and I want to sew as much as I can the next two days. 
peace, health, and happiness



No comments:

Post a Comment