Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Homesteads past

Today we visited homesteads from the past. I was still counting my steps and needed to get out and about. The Lakewood Heritage Center is a great place to walk with many paths and a great place to learn.  My mom was born in Denver and raised it Lakewood. It was pretty neat to take her to Heritage Homesteads and have her tell me who had lived there or that they would go to one of their friends home near one of these places. Some of the displays she felt it was like looking into her mom's kitchen. 





She said this pump-house was common place on homesteads growing up. 



Beautiful cherry tree. 


A Victory Garden 





Then we stopped at the Washington Heights Arts Center to see those learning past arts to carry them into the future.




Ceramics and pottery.


Painting. 


All in all it was a great day learning and any day I can have with my mom is a great day. 
peace, health and happiness

No comments:

Post a Comment