Monday, July 18, 2016

Monday - exercise, sewing and storms

Vacation week  and the goals are rest, eat healthy, walk 10,000 steps, and sew. My birthday is next week and I have learned from my elderly friends, with health comes independence. We never expect to get old or ill and I will do my best to avoid both - smile. 

I ran errands early in the day, delivered a half of a turkey  (22 pounds), and stopped off at the library. I got a book, a book on cd and a movie. I am good for a few days. After coming home and putting away a small amount of groceries, I put in a load of laundry, watered the gardens, and was set to sew. 

The weatherman said storms were likely in the afternoon to cool us from the 90* heat.  Rain I can handle... anything severe they can keep.  A rainy day is perfect for the sewing room. 

1:30pm ...hmmm, I have only walked 3000 steps.  Lunch this week is split pea soup simmering in the crock-pot to conserve our cool, air conditioned home. 

Just as I settled in the sew the storm could be seen coming across the prairie. My thought, it will go around us like it always does. 

Well, it didn't and the hail came down good.  The power went out and the wind was fierce. Everything was getting a pounding.  Wind, rain, hail and darkness.


After 20-30 minutes everything settled. I found two of the cats. They came running in. One was still missing. 



Even as warm as it was today, in the 90's, there was still some hail left. 


My tree was stripped.



Parts of the pump-house roof was caught in the bush. 


Our wooden R was demolished.


And here comes Callie, the missing cat. Dry and a bit discombobulated. 


She just sat in the driveway for a while contemplating what just happened.


The pump house  roof.


The coop area for the momma hen and the chicks demolished. Thank goodness we didn't move them in yet. 


It smells like onions outside. They got pounded. 


The zucchini are gone.


So is the corn. 





I don't have a basement or shelter here. So as I hunkered down in the bathroom I called my family. They have a great way of making me laugh in the face of danger.  What other choice do I have? Laughter is what works for me.  Dude was at work up north and wanted to know one thing... how was the tractor.  Haha..it is fine. 

 I did get a cute skirt made with a sassy swing and side zipper through it all. Hahaha. 



Hope all is well where you are. The weatherman says there is a good chance of a repeat tomorrow. I will have my sewing ready and go hiking in the morning before the storm. 

Getting dark again with thunder. Stay safe

peace, health and happiness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment