Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Christmas Thrift

This morning has been busy. It is back to work today after the Thanksgiving Holiday. Back to an hour commute each way and the daily grind. The good news is the weather is cooperating. It's still cold and snow is on the ground but the roads are clear.  The neat part is I have a wonderful work team and my thoughts of whatever will happen next on the homestead are never far away.

I quickly made an angel food cake this morning and while it was baking, started cleaning. 

It's Giving Tuesday so I will be making hats for the homeless on my lunch break and one or two for a grandson who asked for one. I use whatever yarn I have around and go as fast I can.

I love making and creating for Christmas . If I find  a treasure or two at the thrift store even better. Here are some Christmas cookie jars I found at the thrift store.
 
I made these last year with fun scenes just glued to candle sticks,  also found at the thrift store.


 
Decoupage some glasses I found with Christmas fabric and a little glitter.
 
 
Stockings from the year's sewing scraps.

 
Learned to make crocheted snowflakes and will use them as coasters.  I found the instructions  here  .

 
Another decoupage glass with our turkey and hen feathers.

 
Well, time to hit the road.  

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the link to the snowflake crochet tutorial. I love the video. Can't wait to try these.

    ReplyDelete