Sunday, December 20, 2015

Sunday before Christmas

The 4th Sunday of Advent ... to pause and listen.

I have been trying to slow down on Sundays and make it more about faith and God. Well, I must admit it is difficult for me.
Started the day making juice for Dude and I.  We are trying to get healthy hoping it is the old adage of "it is never too late" is actually true. hmmm
Then we cut up carrots to pickle later but we got to playing with the odd formed carrots. 

Then it was off to mass and the children's program. The message was be open to the "yes". By the grace of God let the Holy Spirit come into your life. Listen and let the Word of God come into your heart. Allow God to change your thoughts and actions.

Hmm... doesn't all that require slowing down?  I think will I EVER make it? Who knows but I will continue to try.
The children's program was adorable.

Because, I also feel Sundays should be about family and honoring those who know a little bit more than us, I went to the city to see my mom. Her house is home.  It is love.  My mom is in her eighties but she continues to be young at heart and it is contagious. But again, I was in a hurry and could only stay a few moments. It began to rain mix with snow and I needed to get on the highway before it got bad.  I dropped off a bag of goodies for her and again, rushed off... what wisdom or a bit of Irish common sense goodness did I gain hurrying off ? But even in her presence I gained in her smile and gratefulness that just by stopping by we connected, we are family, love and  she understood the "busy -ness" of life.

I got home and realized I have not finished my cards.  I do that, start a lot of things but don't finish them. So I sat down and made plus FINISHED my Christmas cards.  I did have help from a certain cat.



I was thankful Dude made dinner.


I am still working on slowing my Sundays down and be more like our cat, Lou Grant.  He gets it. All week long he hunts mice, rabbits, teases the dog and watches over the goats but on certain days... he is just Lou.




I want to be more like Lou.  To just relax and BE.  To just allow God to seep into our lives, to be an instrument of love and beauty (that a simple purr means all is right in the world) of all that is around me but then I realize, in a way, I am... Yes, I need to slow down and  breathe in the presence of God more.  To realize the important things in life aren't things but love for each other , to honor our ancestors and elders, to laugh and be with family in whatever form it presents itself to us. 
...and I thank God I have another day to try again.
~Peace~

1 comment:

  1. Good post. i think we can all take a lesson in slowing down, taking a breath, pause and appreciate. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete