Tuesday, December 29, 2015

5th day of Christmas- tacos and cleaning

Dinner was tacos but with twist.  We built ours from the bottom up with goat cheese we made yesterday, beans we canned this month, Dude added beef to his, lettuce and spinach picked yesterday from the green house, the last surviving tomato from the garden, onions, and topped with salsa canned last month. I loved when Dude says the goat cheese made the difference. The best tacos we have ever tasted.
So good we didn't even think to take a picture.

It always felt like the new year was a day or so after Christmas. Dude tried to escape by splitting wood outside.  I spent the day focusing on cleaning closets, sorting boxes of Christmas stuff, and tidying up the place. The weather was perfect for it - cold and frigid.  Looking back on journals, no matter what I was  focusing on at that time,  today was a cleaning day.  Interesting. So, like my biological rhythms in life , I was cleaning and sorting again today.  When you clear your space, you clear your mind. It was good to end the day with a clean home.

Tomorrow I begin to finish the 10,000 projects I have started or I will get rid of them too... like the stuffed cat I never finished because I only had one eye for it.  Grin.

Goodnight

No comments:

Post a Comment