Friday, December 18, 2015

Shower disks and Italian crockpot dinner

It is hard working nights to wind down quickly. So, when I got home last night I decided to try making the shower disks.  The recipe is here.  I used a whole 2 lb box of baking soda. They were quick and easy and the house smelled wonderful. I finished at 11pm and they set until 8am this morning.


I used both a regular muffin tin and a silicone muffin tin to see if they would pop out of both easily and they all worked well.


The crockpot is already full this morning. It is slowly cooking away with Italian Sausages.


We have 10 Italian Sausages topped with one whole slice onion, 2 green peppers, one yellow pepper.  Then mix together :
1 can of stewed tomatoes *
1 can tomato sauce
1 small can mushrooms
1 tablespoon basil *
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 chopped garlic *
1 teaspoon oregano *
1/4 cup red wine
salt and pepper to taste

Mix and pour over the top of the sausage and peppers. Set on low for 8 hours.
* indicates from our garden.

Tomorrow I HAVE to get out my Christmas cards!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment