Monday, April 16, 2018

Monday morning , what can I get done before work ?

We get up typically at 7am.   Today I slept in until 730am.  I was up and ready to empty the dishwasher. Dude was already up paying bills ...ugh.   Then it was time to feed the animals and yep, poo duty for me. Cleaning the yard for dog droppings, what?  Someone has to do it. *smile*

The new laying hen chicks are about ready to begin going outside with the big birds.


The meat hen chicks have about two weeks left and then they head to the butcher. These have been doing very well this year. They are very healthy. Remember they sold them to us for 89 cents (usually $2.89 but this year almost $5 each) each because so many died on the way here in the mail from all the cold and snow east of us.





 Horses, dog, cats, geese, guineas, and chickens all fed. Next up, breakfast for us.  Dude "has" to have the same thing almost every day ... eggs, bacon, toast... me? I had fried mush - leftover cheesy grits sliced and fried up. 

Dishes were done. 


Next up, finish bottling up the laundry soap. Dude made it a few months ago and never bottled it up. So I got it done this morning. 




There are three rows. It will last us a few months. 


If you want to make your own here is the recipe. The original recipe lasts about a year but we like to share. 


peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment