Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Another day of recycling and creating

I did another day of recycling.  Dude saved a peanut M & M bag for me so I could , make a lined zippered bag.  I have never made one before and was very excited to give it a try. There is a piece missing for a usual recycled candy zipper pouch and that is a cover of vinyl over it. I didn't have a piece of vinyl and since I was recycling I decided to give it a try without it.  The reason you have it so the plastic bag doesn't rip but with the top stitching it did fine. If you want to give it a try just search YouTube for recycled zipper pouch and you will find tons of tutorials and they are all about the same. 

Here is mine.  I can't wait to make more. 








Remember this old dictionary?  

I am making cards out of it too. I had to be careful. It is so old that it had a tendency to rip.

The other day I asked my mom how I got my name.  After telling me all 5 of my siblings name origins she shared that I was named after my Great Grandmother who lived to be in her nineties living strong on a farm in Michigan.  That lead me to want more information about growing up. With six children it was a tiny bit difficult for my mom to remember details. That lead me to begin notebooks for my grandchildren.  Whenever we talk or see each other I put an entry in the book about what we talked about , things they like, what they are doing, wearing, and even the struggles they might be having. I hope to give it (and more) to them when they are 18 years old. 


That's it. 

peace 

No comments:

Post a Comment