Sunday, April 22, 2018

Earth Day recylcing and more

It was a great weekend of family and more.  We were able to see most of our kids.  They are an awesome and fun bunch. 





I didn't get as much done as I would have liked but I did get enough done.  It will just leave a couple for tomorrow.  Today is Earth Day and people who know me know I love to recycle. 

I had an instant coffee jar, a magazine,  a friend gave me a vodka bottle and said "do something with it", and a pair of jeans. 

Here is where I began... 

Leftover instant coffee jar and the magazine. 




My dad taught me this one. When we were kids he gave us each a clear drinking glass and told us to cut something out of the Sunday comics.  We decoupage them to our glass and from then on it was our glass. Today, I cut a picture from a magazine and decoupage on the glass and filled the jar with  leftover dried beans. 



Next was the vodka bottle.  I took it outside and put it upside down on a stick.  Then spray painted it silver.  I decoupage a heart doily, added some trim and hot clued some leftover jewelry.

I like the way it turned out.  



Dandelion Jelly - yep, I finally got to the dandelion tea I made the other day and made it into jelly.   Remember these? 







While the jelly cooled I went out to read and be with Molly for a bit and go for a walk with Dude.




Then a quick shake for lunch. 

Quick protein shake for lunch - peanut butter and jelly

2 Tablespoons dried peanut butter protein
2 Tablespoons strawberry jam
2 heaping tablespoons plain yogurt
1 cup ice
1 cup almond milk

Blend everything in a blend.  Ohso good.


Dinner for today (pulled pork was put in the crockpot) and for tomorrow (beans). 








That's about all I could get into one day after a grandson's football game.  I am exhausted but can't wait to read. 



Tomorrow will be ....

Recycling Jeans - egg apron... I started them. Plus more. 



Starting Christmas early - recycling a dictionary.

Making wool drier balls for Christmas.

Don't forget your prayers. 
peace

No comments:

Post a Comment