Monday, April 23, 2018

Another day of recycling...

Today I continued my recycling but this time with sewing.  I have so  much stuff in my sewing room. If I never buy another thing for sewing I will still not run out of projects to do! People also know I recycle a lot and give me stuff from relatives who have either passed on or who can no longer use fabric, sewing items and other stuff to recycle. 

I started with some old jeans a friend gave me to recycle. I cut them straight across the crotch area and then the front from the back so I could get two aprons. 
 I wanted to make one apron for egg collecting. I cut a leg of jeans apart to make the pockets. 

I found some old but very relevant fabric in my stash and made a ruffle. 



Added some ribbon for a bow. 


I really like the way it turned out. 

Old jeans also make great 
pocket purses to take with me walking to carry my phone and prayer books. They work great. Here is an old one of mine. 


The extra leg I used to make my dog a little pillow. He loves to carry them around, not sure why but he does.  I stuffed it with extra lamb's wool .





Next was to recycle an old dictionary I had. So I covered a Christmas ornament.  Can't wait to make cards from it. 


It's not dried yet but you can see how it turned out. 


I did have time to go see one of my grandsons.  Boy did that give me a boost!  Plus went for a walk. 

I can't wait to see what I create tomorrow... my last day off then back to work. 

peace


No comments:

Post a Comment