Thursday, September 7, 2017

Pup, composting and getting ready for Halloween/fall

We have been having a lot of fun with our new puppy.  Taking him for a walk today, all four cats made sure he stayed in line.



But he does get into trouble...often. 


Started a new compost.  Moved and tilled under the old one and planted garlic for next year in that area. Last year I forgot where I planted it so I made a sign. For the compost we use our egg shells, kitchen scraps,  I use compostable paper plates, we have no leaves but do take any that friends want to get rid or and all our garden waste. We add the clean up from the hen house, let it cure all fall and winter and it will add nitrogen to your gardens.  I turn and water the compost about once a week.  As you can see I use two methods.  I like them both. 
                             kitchen scraps




We are having our annual Halloween Craft Party. I think this is year 5.  Each day (or every other day) I will try and post a craft we will be offering for our guest to make but we need to start with invitations.  Here is ours. I have a Cricut machine that will cut multiples of shapes but you can you stickers too. 






I love this time of year!


peace


No comments:

Post a Comment