Monday, September 4, 2017

Garden harvest, milking, canning and Italian Burgers for dinner

Our little pup started the day helping in the garden. 





He was reluctant to go out and help me milk.  He was so afraid of the goats. 


Peppy was so full she put herself in on the milking stand. 



My geese buddies wanted to help milk. 



After I got things set up Dude held Peppy's leg so she wouldn't kick. 


Almost a gallon today. Perfect for us. 


Not sure if you can see this but the smoke is so thick from the fires in California, Oregon, Washington and Montana.  I had to limit my time outside.  There is an ozone alert out. It caused me congestion and burning red eyes. 


Just an adorable pup picture. 


I pickled peppers and got them canned.  My son came over and I gave them a basket of tomatoes, sweet and hot peppers. 



Perfect.


The turkeys got used to my son being here all week and did not want him to go. 


(see the smoke in the air?)



After he left they figured they could move in .... not!


My daughter-in-law was down in the San Luis Valley this week and brought home some goodies for us.  A nice trade. 


We put it to good use with our garden crop. 


Italian burgers for dinner.  Combined sausage and beef with garlic, salt, pepper, homegrown parsley mixed it all good. 


Topped with our goat cheese, homegrown onions and our pickled peppers... perfect.  Added mayo and Dijon mustard.


Ended the evening with a very red fiery sun. 


I didn't get to craft today but there is always tomorrow morning before work. 

peace 

No comments:

Post a Comment