Thursday, September 14, 2017

Another craft, a recipe and garden update.

I have a ton of wild arugula that needs to be used up. That and I am determined to take my lunch (dinner) to work each day.  Dude had roasted a chicken the night before so I thought I would mix the two. 

Recipe - Saute chicken and garlic in a wee bit of oil. Add wild arugula, salt , pepper, lemon pepper, a handful of tomatoes. Heat through and  top with a tiny bit of Parmesan.  I think next time a squeeze of lemon would be great too. 


Garden update -greenhouse. We are still going strong in the greenhouse. 



Lots of different lettuces. 


Tonight's craft - I found some clear plates at the thrift store for 50 cents. 


And the Dollar Store had these clear plastic bowls two for a dollar.  I cover the back of plates/bowls at Christmas and thought why not at Halloween too?


I pulled out my fabric. 


Mod Podge the back of the plate or bowl. 


Press on and smooth the fabric on your dish.


Cover again with Mod Podge, let dry and trim away the excess. 


Cute!


Then another plate. 




And here they are. I like how they turned out. 



I stopped by my friend Sunny's house and she gave me a bunch of fall celery to dry. 



I think I will make some into celery salt for the winter. 


I hope your day was a Thankful one. 

peace


No comments:

Post a Comment