Saturday, August 5, 2017

Roof continues to go on, bees, and crafting

Today is first Saturday so I spent the morning in church at Adoration. 



Copper metal roof continues to go up.  Dude finished the back half and the skylight is covered up. 





Remember this what the house did look like. Today we celebrate the aniversary of closing on the property in 2011.


I checked on the bees. I have raised bees most of my life, learning from my Dad but this year I had had enough and said I wouldn't raise them again after losing so many hives to CCD.  I ended up with a swarm and thought, well, a gift from God... I will try. This hive is thriving so far.  I put a honey super on it today and hope for some honey before the end of the year. 





All day long I could hear a cat crying. I looked in closed rooms and cupboards and couldn't find her. We had an inspector out yesterday and Dude decided to look in the crawl space where he had been. 



Sure enough there she was....



Later today I picked up the glass jewerly and crafts I made last week. They were finished being fired. 


This is an aspen season I did. I plan on making four total, one of each season. 


Dude's bowl turned out cute. 



I stopped to get inspiration from my friend Susan. 


We are working on a sugar skull quilt each. 


She made these clever zebras. 



And working on a quilt for her uncle out of his old shirts. 


And her glass piece was finished too. 


We ended the afternoon with a nap, dinner and mass all in that order.  A storm went through tonight dumping much needed water. 
peace 

No comments:

Post a Comment