Thursday, August 24, 2017

Always be ready for the unexpected.

Today started out with laundry and I thought, jewelry making .  But Dude working on the roof and not resting has pulled a muscle or something and has been out of commission the last two days.  Stuff happens and being on a homestead, you have to be good with change.  I did get the laundry folded which gave me time to talk to him while he tried to stretch out.  Then it was out to the geese to feed and water them, fill the pool and make sure all the birds are taken care of.  I love it because the geese love company and to be talked to.  They carry on a lively conversation and one of them likes to be petted.


All the other livestock came running over to see if they would get food.  All of our animals are overweight so today they were just getting clean water and will be grazing in the field.


Watering and working with the animals I pretended I was getting extra steps in for the day and the greenhouse was like going to the sauna at the gym.

I did get dinner and breakfast made.
Breakfast  - eggs (homestead), multi-grain toast and salsa (homestead)
Dinner - turkey roll ups (homestead turkey leftover and from the freezer, salad -lettuce, tomatoes, cabbage (all from homestead), with artichokes, and green olives.  Salsa (homestead) for the dressing.

The turkeys were are raising this year are heritage birds. We have decided not to butcher them until next year and hope to have baby chicks from them in the spring.


Jewelry making may wait.  I had a doctor appointment today and then off to work.

note - doctor appointment for my heart went extremely well. The walls of my heart look strong, echo and ekg came back great and clean.  I don't go back for a year. 
                              peace 

No comments:

Post a Comment