Monday, August 21, 2017

Geese, compost, and dinner

My geese are so funny.  Every other day I empty and clean out their pool.  If I don't get it filled, they go into the empty pool and stomp - like they are saying, "it's missing something!!!". 
I went out to fill it up yesterday. 


Someone got excited.


Came running over. 




They have been playing in the mud and are pretty dirty. 



First they test it. 


They dunk their faces in a few times.




Then they go hog-wild. They are doing flips, trying to dive and going in circles in the pool. 


Then they run around with their wings open. 



And dive back into the pool. 


and settle 


While I was with the geese, Dude was turning the compost.



And tilling it under.



Later I was in the kitchen making jalapeno cheese. 



Dinner was spaghetti squash. 


I steam ours. 


Take out the seeds and scrape it out with a fork to look like spaghetti. 


Add our homemade sauce of ground beef, tomato sauce, mushrooms, and from the onions, garlic, oregano, basil adding a large pinch of brown sugar plus salt and pepper. Later I thought I could have added some our garden peppers. 

Dude gave it two thumbs up. 



I did get a new pair of pants made this weekend too


peace




No comments:

Post a Comment