Tuesday, August 1, 2017

New help with chores , a few creations to ease my sadness and what are those crazy guinea hens up to now.

For those who don't know our beloved dog Maggie died yesterday of bone cancer. The rest of her family died 5 years ago of the same disease.  She was amazing, smart, beautiful and loyal. I will forever miss her. 


When I am sad I like to create but first the chores.  Eggs pick-up first. 



Luna took over Maggie's place right away and helped where she could. 


There was a bristley broody hen. 


Didn't bother Luna and she told her to move over. 


She was very pleased with herself. 


Next up I made cheese olive beer bread. I had to use the machine since we were all out and I needed to go to work later. 


If you have a bread machine here are the ingredients. Simply put them in the pan in the order your machine requires.

2 Tbsp olive oil
1/3 cup water 
1cup beer
1/3 cup cheese (I used Monterrey)
2 heaping Tbsp kalamata olives
1.5 tea of salt
3 Tbsp sugar 
3cups flour
1 package dry yeast

Turned out pretty good. 

(can you imagine a wonderful lunch of garden goodness and goat cheese on this bread?)


Picked a few things for tonight's dinner salad. 



I have a borage plant that I have always used to decorate salad but I wanted to do something different. 




Dude loves white chocolate and keeps eating it before I can do anything with it. 

I quickly melted purple and white. Swirled the purple into the white.


Added the borage flowers and allow it all to harden. Simple yet delightful. 




Next I wanted to work on my challenge of decorating a box that would have been thrown away. My friend brought me a few from her job as an audiologist.  I began with this one. 


Went outside and spray painted it.


Then decorated with different scrap booking stuff I had around. I like the way it turn out. What do you think? 



When I got home there was no dog to greet me but these characters were in the rafters... our guineas! I hope an owl doesn't get to them.  



A dear friend from work gave me comfort food to help ease a bit of sorrow. Mexican chocolate! 

So wonderful! 

Goat milk and chocolate to soothe a soul. 




Thank you Adrianna. 


My friends and family get me through the rough spots in life.  If you think a card, a call, an IM, a gift will help someone through a rough time , do it.  It means a lot to know people care and understand.(if they want to be alone, they will tell you)  I have the best of family and friends and I appreciate every single one. 
peace

No comments:

Post a Comment