Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Homestead diet and pickled peppers

Okay, for almost 3 weeks I have been working on getting healthy. I gave up fast food, the machine food at work, diet pop, walk 2 miles a day (breaking it up in 30/15 minute increments), and eating as much homestead food as possible . I eat carbs in the morning and done by 2-4 pm. Eat nothing after dinner. By blood sugar started at 300 and is down to 140 (120 in the middle of the day) and down almost 10 lbs. I still have a ways to go but I am determined.

Breakfast is either milk protein shake, oatmeal with fruit and nuts, or eggs with a toast and veggies.

Lunch is veggie salad, bean salad, or chicken or tuna salad. Add some berries or half apple.

Dinner is regular, whatever we have planned and if no plans, then a big salad ... just no seconds. Today it was homemade pizza with leftover spaghetti sauce and homemade cheese. Last night was spaghetti squash with sauce.

Eat nothing after dinner. This was the hardest part of the whole thing.

Another cool part about homestead living is my mom calls for her groceries... milk, eggs, carrots, cabbage, onions, spaghetti squash and tomatoes for now to deliver tomorrow.

Pickled peppers canned today. I combined the sweet and jalapeno. We love these on eggs, sandwiches, burritos, just about anything. Nothing complicated just peppers, garlic, salt, sugar, water and white vinegar.








I had my husband separate the garlic cloves so I can plant them tomorrow for next year. 


And homesteading is all about this!


peace 


No comments:

Post a Comment