Sunday, May 21, 2017

Sunday update - getting caught up

We are so far behind due to the snow, hail storms, and family passing that if it was nice today we knew we would have a lot to do. 

We started the day with a celebration of life for my Aunt who passed away last week.  My cousins really know how to throw a going away party. My aunt enjoyed picnics, so, that's what we did. We had a picnic to celebrate who she is. 

The weather cooperated. It was gorgeous.  We has a great picnic of food, family and friends.  Shared memories and enjoyed looking at family pictures. 


We release balloons with messages of love for her. 


I found a beautiful feather.  A good omen for me.  I love to collect them. 


My sister sent me these. 


These are some I have collected from our birds and my sister-in-laws peacocks. 


We got home by 1:30pm and got to work. Dude headed to the barn to clean up the mess from the storms.  I finished cards. 


And got cards ready for the June birthdays. 


I cleaned the house and had a bit of help from the new kittens. 



Then headed out to the gardens to check any damage there. 




Dude had the hard work. 



I went to the greenhouse to work.  I got in just in time. Yep, it started to rain again. I could hear the horses, goat and lamb run to take shelter outside while Dude started cleaning with the tractor - glad it has a cab. 
Since the weather was cool with the rain, the greenhouse was nice a and warm. 
Peppers, Brussels sprouts, collards, broccoli and cabbage. 




I was here to pick collards and peas. Everything is doing well this year. 




I will shell them while watching tv tonight... that is if Dude will stop eating them. 


                                                    Onions 

Collards are ready to go to the house. 



Heading back to the house. 



Washed them up. 


Scraps to the chickens.


Collards are looking great.  Used this recipe here


Dinner - used half of the leftover chicken from this week. 



 I made white bean chili with chicken. Turned out great. 



I did finish this lap quilt top after dinner.  I will back it this week. 


Time to work on this cocoon shawl. 


And have my tea before bed. 


peace



No comments:

Post a Comment