Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Learning lots of wool stuff, dinner, update on remodeling, sewing and a Mother's Day craft.

Yesterday my friend Sunny came over to teach me more about wool and carding. It was a great morning and so much fun. 
I learned to use a Knitty Noddy. 




Then we rolled it up and learned to count the yards.




I have a bag of fleece to card. This was fun to learn. 



I can't wait to spin this!



Today I made dinner early. I didn't make dinner for Dude yesterday. He worked on the front porch in between the weather.  He said he had a potato and a can of corn for dinner... oh Dude. 
I was thinking of my little friend Bean today.  She is five and loves beans!  Today I made bean and veggie enchiladas. It's just pintos, onions, green chilies, a bit of goat cheese, and garlic. Mix up and roll into whole wheat tortillas. Pour over green enchilada sauce. Sprinkle with cheese and bake 350* for 30 minutes.


I did top it with a fourth of a cup of cheese.  Yum!


Dude was busy yesterday getting the front porch moving along. Beams and Trusses are next. 



I got the borders put on this panel . At lunch to find a back and batting for it. 


My assistant approves. 


These are ready for the quilt retreat to quilt. 


I made a fun little mug rug this morning. 


Then made a frame for Mother's Day.


I painted it black in case any wood showed through. 


I found a wood piece that said Love You Mom and glittered it up. 


Glued all sorts of buttons on the frame.



Glue on the saying (I think it would have been better in gray or white) 


Anyway, there you have it ...yesterday and my morning. 

peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment