Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Homestead update... greenhouse, veggies, goats, and mud

Tuesday started out in the greenhouse.  Picking beets. 


Then shucking peas. 




And carding wool.  Yes, I had help *wink*



And then backed a quilt. 



Then it was off to work and on to Wednesday.  Lists were made. Some of it was completed, some not. Dishes got in the way and stalled me... I forgot to put it on the list.  *smile* 


Litter boxes were done first thing... do what you dislike first. 

Sand was delivered to try and help fix the mud problem we had with the animals stalls and barn. 



Our mouser cats were working too. 



Then off to the greenhouse. This week we started hardening off plants, bringing them outside to get used to the weather. Hopefully after this week we will leave them outside. 



Dude kept working on the animal areas. 


Angelo came over for kisses. 


I checked on Peppy.  She wanted a goat massage and then ignored me. 




I went to cut lettuce ... again. I will cut lettuce and spinach every 2-3 days until it gives up. 





Then time to make dinner.  Our leftover chicken will give us two more meals, today's and tomorrow's. 


I made spicy strawberry jam chicken to go on buns for dinner with a garden (literally) salad and cherries for dessert. 


Dude gave it two thumbs up. I put it in the fridge and got ready for work.


I did get a walk in at work.  I didn't get the quilt ties like I wanted but I can do that tomorrow.

Dude will the trusses up on the last back "porch" tomorrow.  He is hoping to get them all up and Friday finish the roof .  Next week the tin roof.  He brought roof samples home today. 

peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment