Saturday, January 21, 2017

Visit to Green Prairie Farm and another Crochet Project Done

Today we visited Green Prairie Farm.  It is the farm of one of my Farm-Sisters. We almost didn't make it since we took the car instead of the truck. This is the season of mud and muck. My little car did not want to drive the narrow mud roads to their prairie farm.  We got stuck just a quarter mile or less from the farm but didn't give up. Finally, after rocking the car back and forth a few times the soil released it's muddy grips. 

They have a fun place with many animals and a variety of birds. 
We came to see their milk goats who are about to give birth. One of them is Peppy's (our pregnant milk goat) mom.   How adorable they are - Nubian goats. 


Pepper is looking for kisses.


Lucas, one of their cows, was a bit under the weather. The vet says he will be back to his old self in no time.  Lucas says he just can't see and needs a haircut. (grin)


His sister (can't remember her name, hmmm Penelope, perhaps?) waits patiently in her pen for his return. 


They also raise very happy Boer goats.  I love Boer goats... I mean look at them, always there to greet you with a mischievous smile!
It was very good to see a sister of the soil and boots.  A good way to spend the afternoon.


I did make it yesterday to the Craft Box to turn in eight knitted caps for the homeless. 
They said they will be much appreciate when delivered next week. 


Oh, and I did get a cap crocheted today for my newest grandson. 
I know he will look adorable in it.  I am new at crocheting anything other than blankets.  Next challenge is a Yoda cap for my grand nephew. 


peace 


No comments:

Post a Comment