Sunday, January 8, 2017

Snow day is a sew day

Sometimes you have to stop the homestead and go help someone else.  With so much snow piled up, my mom, in her eighties needed to get out but was rightfully cautious to go and get many of her "must" chores done.  Her phone died and she needed to get to the phone store. So we drove the hour to help her out.  We got alot done but late in the day it was time to get back to the homestead. 

Dude settled in to watch a wee bit of football and I sewed.  I wanted to make the dog and cats a few more floor pillows from the saved recycled cedar chip bags.  It keeps them off the furniture and the dog knows right off these are hers. I will make a couple more for the mudroom. 



Then it was time to sew all those WIP (works in progress) and finish them up this year! Of course, I had help as always.  That's Gracie in the front and her son Lou behind the sewing machine. 


I couldn't figure out what Lou was doing here until...


I saw him picking up everything he knocked off . Good boy. 


As I sew he wants to know if I have time to rub a belly.


I did get a quilted book cover finished last night. 



It fit perfectly over my catechism book. 


That's about it for yesterday. Today we are celebrating Epiphany. 
Hope your day is wonderful!
peace

No comments:

Post a Comment